Monday, September 14, 2009

on a Monday afternoon in early fall...

I'm a bit under the weather today... I have an ear infection! Who gets an ear infection at 26? Seriously... Anyways, I'm taking it easy in front of the TV tonight, and cheering myself up with a bit of old nostalgia. Whenever I feel a little low my favourite thing to do is put on my flannel sheep pj pants and lately I have been very much in love with wearing them with these pink legwarmers I got for Christmas when I was 5...


I also just scanned some pics from my childhood... The rest are all in storage. Which is currently my Dad's spare bedroom... aren't parents great? Me and my sister are both grown women, and still they do these things for us, sigh. This first pic is of me, my Dad, and my sister on Halloween, I'm dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood, sooo adorable! Also, perhaps, a good idea I could reprise for my costume this year.... oooh, lots of ideas there! I did say I wanted a storybook character, this might be perfect...
And if you have a hard time guessing what my sister is supposed to be, she's a cat. Those Unicef boxes totally bring back a flood of Halloween memories... do kids still carry those things?

This pic is me and my sister playing in leaves on a fall day. I don't remember where we are, but I think it's probably Stanley Park. This is possibly my all time favourite picture of me and my sister. Ever. We both look so happy... :) (don't you love my five year old mullet? weren't the 80s great?) **edit: my mom tells me this picture was taken in Golden Ears Park... bless parents and their good memories!**
And me and my bestie Melissa at 13. Awww!!!

I've also been doing some vintage craft supply shopping in preparation for the Autumn Craft Class starting tomorrow. I bought a bunch of cute autumn fabrics, as well as these two suitcases that I am absolutely in love with. The top white box and both suitcases are now filled with crafting supplies! Love!

So that cheered me up a little...
:) K


No comments:

Post a Comment