Thursday, May 21, 2009

Things I am excited about this week!

1. The video for Immaculate Machine's Sound the Alarms is finally out and about...  It was a blast to help out on.  Enjoy!

It received a very brief review on FensePost, which can be found here.  Please let me know if I am missing another review, as I've heard rumours...

2.  NEW CAMERA!!!  Ok, I haven't quite gotten it yet, but it's in the works for this week, either tomorrow or Saturday I think.  I can't wait to finally dedicate my five-year-old-being-held-together-with-duct-tape point and shoot to photographing parties until it's sure-to-be-soon death, while my new camera (at the moment, it's looking like a Nikkon D40) will be able to dream up some wonderful new things with me.  Part of the reason I'm so excited about FINALLY being able to take decent pictures is that this blog should get a lot prettier, and a lot more original!  

3. Tattoos.  Also in the works for sometime in the next few weeks is my very first tattoo.  Hopefully I will be able to photo-document the event with my new camera!  I don't have any designs yet, but I do know it's going to be a black outline of a heart on the top of my right foot.  I think I may have finally found the artist to do it, now all I need is to pester my friends to get me in touch with her! :)

4. Next week's Thee Manipulators show at Honey.  I recently met a very cool new friend named Henry who plays keys for them (and who is also one of perhaps five people who actually read this blog), and I am excited for lots and lots of DANCING!  Yay!

5. Today's impulsive online purchases.  I didn't mean to, but I found myself with nothing to do at work and... I purchased the following items.

I can't feel that bad about these Toms because for every pair you buy, they give a pair to a third world country!  It's shopping AND good karma!


Too cute to resist...

...and this just seemed apt for someone working on something based on Alice in Wonderland!

Can't wait until they arrive!

Hearts!
Karly

No comments:

Post a Comment