Wednesday, October 7, 2009

oh hello there blog readers...

Today I accomplished a life long goal: to climb the Grouse Grind. It's a fairly hardy hike up some very steep stairs to the top of one of Vancouver's local ski hills. I've been trying to go with my friend Christina all summer, but it seemed every time we tried, some mishap befell us (usually ailment or very poor weather) and we never made it. Well, I should say I never made it, Christina is crazy (in my opinion) and goes every week, rain or shine. In any case, today was definitely a beautiful day for it, and I was rather pleased with my beginner's time of 86 minutes (Christina's average time is a mere 50 minutes... yikes). I don't have any of my own pictures to share (I forgot my phone in my car at the bottom of the mountain, oops!) but I found these two online that pretty much summed up the experience. First you go up...

(and up and up) and then you are rewarded with this most spectacular view!

Pretty amazing, huh? It's places like this that make me constantly feel incredibly lucky to be living in one of the most beautiful places on earth (in my humble opinion). It's going to be an interesting winter this year, sharing our city with the world for the 2010 Olympics.

Tell me, mysterious blog universe, what's one thing you've always wanted to do in your very own city?

love karly

1 comment:

  1. that is an amazing view. i probably would have had to be carried up there! LOL

    ReplyDelete