Monday, March 23, 2009

Things I am excited about this week...

1. JUNOFEST 2009!!!  I am so stoked that Vancouver is hosting this year's Junos, particularly as in recent years the awards have decided to actually recognize a lot of Canada's awesome independent artists (like one of my faves this year, Kathleen Edwards, not to mention Black Mountain, Chad Vangaalen, The Stills, Crystal Castles, Plants and Animals, City and Colour... the list goes on).  
What makes me so excited is the fact that within two evenings (Friday and Saturday night from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.) over 60 bands will play across Vancouver.  The lineup features some amazing local musicians (like Vancouver's Said the Whale, Hey Ocean!, Dan Mangan and Nat Jay, or Abbotsford's You Say Party! We Say Die!), as well as some as rad indie acts from across Canada (Hey Rosetta from St.John's, The Arkells from Hamilton, or Jon Rae Fletcher from the big T-O, just to mention a few).  I have NO idea how many of these great acts I'll manage to see, but I'm up for the challenge!

2. My choir.  I don't have any fun photos or anything to share, just my love of my fun local choir, Local Vocals,  which is in its fourth week of the Spring season.  I heart singing with them!

3. SPRING!  Finally, spring is officially here, whether the weather is deciding to share that information with us or not.  Bright colours are in all the stores, the crocuses are starting to pop up, and I don't need mittens in the day anymore!  Here are some bright warm spring pictures to share the joy!


:)
Karly

No comments:

Post a Comment