Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Things I am excited about this week

Sooo, I haven't done one of these in a little while, as I've found myself really busy!  But the great weather and an unexpected afternoon off has put me in the mood to share my joy, so here it is, things I am excited about this week:

1. Starting a new job tomorrow on the upcoming miniseries Alice.  It is exciting and a little nerve-wracking, as is any new endeavour I suppose, but it's a big step for me in getting my "career" started.  I'm starting to feel all grown up!

2. These hair barrettes I made a week or two ago.  I've only had a chance to make three so far, this one which I am keeping for myself, and the other two have already been snapped up by my sister and my friend Matina.  They're made mostly with recycled and vintage fabrics, and I have plans for many more in the upcoming weeks!

3. Sunshine!  Spring has finally shown its face in Vancouver.  After a crazy April Fool's Day snow, the weather has warmed and the sun has come out.  Walking down the streets, there are flowers popping up in all the flowers beds and everyone is out and about in sunglasses!  I love it!  I got together with some friends last night for the year's first beach bonfire to celebrate.

4. Easter time with my family!  My Aunt and Uncle are visiting from Winnipeg, and we're all going to get together over the weekend for an Easter feast, which will be nice because I haven't seen them in quite a while!

5. The engagement of my good friend Arielle to her longtime boyfriend Iain a few weeks ago.  I can't wait to start talking wedding details with her!  I will get to be a bridesmaid for the second time, very exciting.  This is the only picture I have of the three of us together...  It's a few years old, and I'm not sure why we're making those faces.  Congrats Arielle and Iain!

6. This sunny afternoon off.  Possible plans include spring snowboarding with my friend Mckenzie, reading one of my favourite books in the sun, and making more hair barrettes... Not sure what I'll get up to yet, but all of it sounds wonderful!

I hope spring has got you in as good a mood as me!
xoxo
Karly

No comments:

Post a Comment