Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Did I show you these yet?

Another RVA craft class project! Took these two thrifted mugs...
...and painted them!

Made to match my red teapot, inspired by Love, Actually. (I was going to write "love is all around" but I was concerned about space so I kept it simple this time.) This project was super easy and I've had great feedback on them (via the RVA Flickr pool), it's got me super stoked to do more dishes! Now I just have to keep my eyes open for more pretty thrifted ceramic items to paint...

Been busy making more bows. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this sewing machine thing! Sooo many projects on my "to do" list that I am super excited about, I just need to make it to the Opus and Dressew, perhaps tomorrow.

Most exciting to me at the moment are beginning my ornaments for kimistarr's ornament swap, and working on a painting inspired by the french children's book Le Petit Prince, which I really really loved growing up. The illustrations are also just fabulous...


(It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
What is essential is invisible to the eye.)


Full of love for artistic inspiration!

Got any to send my way?

Love k

1 comment:

  1. The Little Prince is my very favorite book! Did you know it was James Dean's favorite too? Pretty cool. Can't wait to see your painting.

    P.S. Love the mugs! I can't wait to get paint for mine in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete